Winter Break Projects
This winter break I am planning to do some projects in my house to upgrade my home network some more, as well as install some new devices.
- Tear down drywall in what has become a storage room of my house to install a structured cabling enclosure where my network devices will live.
- Run new cabling for a PoE doorbell and chime
- Install hard drive for NVR
- Run new cabling for outdoor access point
- Maybe run new cabling for a few other places in the house
- Relocate upstairs access point to a central area
Right now, all of my devices are in the network rack, but they aren’t very neat and it causes me some anxiety just looking at it. I hope that I will also be able to tidy up the space some.