I’m kind of in an awkward situation right now, where I don’t know if I should be blogging about the awesome weekend I had or if I should be apologizing for the little break I took from blogging. I should probably apologize first, on account of the fact that it’s Wednesday Thursday now so my weekend was a few days ago. I’m sorry.

I had a great weekend with a good friend of mine. She came down from Seattle on Friday night to see our new apartment and we had waffles on Saturday morning before we all headed back up to Seattle to watch an improv show. On Sunday we went shopping for some new clothes, as mine no longer fit. (I also bought a new pair of shoes..which I love.) The best part is that I didn’t spend nearly as much money as I thought I would.

Levi and I have another busy weekend ahead of us. A friend of ours is celebrating his birthday on Saturday and we’re meeting him at a local bar. I think it will be fun.

This week has gone by rather slowly. Oftentimes I catch myself not paying attention to life and moving too fast, but this is one week that I just want to be done with. Levi and I had another surprise expense pop up yesterday, which kind of ruined my plans for buying a new couch, and it doesn’t help that our check for the deposit on our last apartment still isn’t here – Thanks Pinnacle! Due to the incompetence of the office that handles the check printing and mailing, Levi and I have not received a check that we should have received two weeks ago. Did I mention that they don’t return phone calls? Because they don’t. I am happy that we did not pay a deposit on our current apartment, because I don’t think I could handle going through this mess again when we leave this place. (We have no plans to leave this place, we love it here and I hate moving.) The check should be here this evening, but if it isn’t I’m not going to be happy – and neither will the manager of our last apartment complex, who has been put into a bad situation because of this mess.

This morning I received a random text message. I replied to it asking who it was, and I came to find out it was a Ms. Johnson. Ms. Johnson had the wrong number, which she didn’t believe until she called me and got my voicemail. Thankfully she didn’t leave a message, because I don’t like checking my voicemail. I wished her a happy Wednesday, which she reciprocated. She also added “With God all things are possible” after the fact…and I think my response scared her away. (No Ms. Johnson, I don’t believe that God has anything to do with the outcome of a middle class Wednesday..)

I have to get going, as I have to work today. I’ve got a busy day ahead of me, just like yesterday and I should probably get a head start at it. (…unlike yesterday…)

P.S. I have not talked about this in a while, but I am back on my diet after going off of it. I got down to 205 pounds and then went right back to 215 pounds. I feel like I can maintain 205 pounds if I try a bit harder, and I might even try to get down to 200 pounds. (I think part of the reasons why I gained my weight back was the broadening of the employee meal policy at work… turns out that I, sometimes, can’t say no to bacon.)