I’m such a slacker. Ten days without a blog entry is pretty pathetic! I’m such a slacker. I started writing this entry and then quit writing it soon after! Whoops! The portion you see crossed out is how far I got into the entry before I found something else to do. It’s been a bit longer than 10 days at this point!

I’ve been pretty busy lately, hence the silence. Levi and I spent this weekend up in Seattle with friends from college. A friend of mine was having a “small” party. I made mini cupcakes, which everybody loved, and our other friends brought other “small” food items. There were tiny shrimp tacos, tiny cookies, tiny sandwiches, tiny pizzas, and even a tiny keg! It was a ton of fun! Levi had had drill that morning and had woken up at 4:30 in the morning because of it, so we ended up staying the night in Seattle because he had been awake for almost 24 hours by the time everything had settled down. The next morning we did some Christmas shopping at Pike Place Market for Levi’s family.

On Monday (yesterday…) we filled out our domestic partnership forms and had them notarized but what can only be described as the most annoying notary I have ever seen. (My judgement might be a bit biased, considering she was also the first notary I have ever seen..) Anyway, I noticed on the first form we brought in that she had mistakenly wrote down December 5th, 2012 instead of 2011. We rushed home to get another form, on which she managed to spell my name incorrectly. Needless to say, I will not be using the UPS Store on 40th and Bridgeport in University Place for notary services again! (This is the one next to Safeway and Trader Joe’s.)

I mailed in the forms today after dropping Levi off at work. I did not realize that the nearest post office would be in downtown Tacoma. I figured it out as soon as the streets started meeting up all wonky. Also needless to say, GPS isn’t super useful when there are upwards of three different ways to make a right turn at one intersection! After plenty of recalculations, I finally did make it to some mailboxes that I could drive up to to drop my registration forms into.

After the post office I navigated to the nearest Starbucks which, much to my dismay, was also downtown. Considering that parking downtown is a nightmare, I chose to bypass it and navigate to the next nearest Starbucks – this one didn’t even exist! Following that disappointment, I then navigated to the next next nearest Starbucks. This one was at a much more reasonable location on 6th Avenue, and had a much more reasonable parking situation. Also, it was super cute. I have been spoiled by Starbucks locations with drive-thrus apparently, because the closest one with a drive-thru was near my apartment but at a very busy intersection that I just didn’t want to have anything to do with.

I honestly feel like my morning was made complete by my ridiculous, accidental, adventure. Fortunately I don’t need to be at work for another few hours, had I needed to be at work sooner I would have most certainly been late. I can’t have that, now can I?

I have my last day of class/last final ever until I get into nursing school tonight. I feel like I need to study just a little bit more, but for the most part I think I am ready! I have done so well this quarter, that I could totally bomb this exam and still come out with the grade I need to quality for nursing school. Fortunately for me, my brain likes playing it safe more more than it likes being lazy so I will not be testing out my theory. (Mostly it’s because of the aforementioned reasoning, but partly it’s because of the fact I can’t trust my math/calculator skills..)

With that, I think it’s time for breakfast!